Destination Weddings are becoming increasingly popular with fewer guests, but more in substance. It is for couples who want to celebrate their love in a unique place, surrounded by beauty, and create a lasting memory for themselves and their guests. When it comes to Destination Weddings, Greece is at the top of the list in the world. With Stunning Islands, Picturesque Villages, a rich history, and plenty of amazing food, Greece offers the perfect backdrop for a Romantic Wedding. But with so many beautiful Islands to choose from, how do you select the right one for your wedding? Here are some tips to help you choose the perfect island to get married in Greece.
1. Consider your budget: The first thing you need to consider is your budget. Greece has a range of Islands that cater to different budgets. Some Islands like Santorini and Mykonos are more expensive, while others like Crete and Corfu are more affordable. Knowing your budget will help you narrow your options and choose an Island that fits your budget. The less popular islands or smaller islands will offer more value and provide an intimate affair, keeping within your budget. However, they can be limited on extras that only a larger island can provide ie: Designed Decor, imported flowers, or a variety of suppliers.
2. Choose an Island that suits your style: Greece has over 200 inhabited Islands, each with its own unique style and character. Some islands are known for their stunning beaches, while others are known for their traditional villages and historical sites. Consider what kind of wedding you want and how that is reflected in your wedding and in your photos. Laid back or high-end, family-oriented to intimate, only you will know your own style.
3. Check the weather: Greece has a Mediterranean climate, which means that the summer is hot and dry most of the day, and your wedding is not ideal until after 5 pm if outside in Summer, while the winters are mild and rainy, and most resorts close from 31 Oct to 1 May each year. If you're planning a summer wedding, you'll want to choose an island with good weather during this time. Check the location of the Islands, for example, The Cyclades islands of Santorini, Mykonos, Paros, and Naxos have dry and sunny summers, while islands in the Ionian Island range like Corfu and Zakynthos have a more temperate climate. The Dodecanese Islands of Rhodes, Kos, Symi, and Karpathos are close to the Turkish coastline and have a very dry and hot climate. Crete Island is slightly cooler and sunny but can still be very hot in Summer. The Average temperature in the Sporades Islands of Thassos or your Mamma Mia island of Skopelos is 28 degrees and humid at night. Look at later in the year, out of the peak heat of June, July, and August if heat is a concern.
4. Accessibility: Consider the accessibility of the Island you choose. Some Islands are easier to get to than others, and some may require multiple flights or ferries to reach. If you have guests arriving from different parts of the world, you'll want to choose an island that is easy to get to.
Direct flights in and out of an island is highly desirable. Santorini, Crete x 2, Rhodes, Mykonos, and Corfu are just examples of islands that except international flights. Check the transport on the island and how you will move your guests to areas if your wedding is on the other side of the island. Most islands have limited transport and taxis are minimal, consider your transportation from accommodation to venues. It is advantageous to have all your guests at the same resort or hotel for the Wedding Ceremony and Reception. One less Stress.
5. Wedding Venues: Finally, consider the wedding venues available on the island. Do you want a beach wedding or a traditional wedding in a village square? Resort wedding or a tavern or Restaurant Wedding Reception. Where would like to have the Ceremony, a traditional Church, on a beach, on a lookout, with outstanding views of the blue sea of the Mediterranean or Historical sites? Most Churches on the Greek Islands are Orthodox and require that religion be married in their church. However, there are Christian Churches and also some chapels situated onsite at Resorts or Venues where you are able to have a Ceremony outside. Examples are St Sofia on Rhodes or Grecotel Mykonos Lolita.
With these tips in mind, you can choose the perfect island to get married in Greece. Contact a Wedding Planner to create your ideal wedding with all the details you desire. They may suggest an island that is just perfect that you had never considered. Whether you choose Santorini, Mykonos, Crete, Rhodes or Corfu or your more small intimate islands of Paros, kos, Ios, or Sifnos islands, you're sure to have a wedding that you and your guest will ever forget.
We are only a phone call or an email away from getting you married in Greece!
Contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org or +61422369360 or WhatsApp
Classique Event - www.classiqueevent.com.au